Position: Finance Consultant (interim)
We are looking for experienced and motivated interim Financial Managers / Controllers to join the FEA team on a full time, fractional or self-employed associate basis. As a confident and capable self-starter you will have a methodical approach to performing tasks using your own initiative to provide support in meeting the financial and management accounting requirements of the host college.
Please note that what follows is a description of the consultant/interim manager role in terms of the anticipated expectations of host colleges. Not all of the listed duties will be required at the same time - this is not an exhaustive list, and it may be that other duties are required of you by host colleges. Such duties will be commensurate with your level of salary/daily rate.
- To provide information, assistance, and advice to senior management and line managers to allow informed decision making regarding their budgets.
- To ensure fundamental financial reconciliations are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- To undertake management information reporting, including the provision of accurate monthly budgetary control statements to budget holders in accordance with timetables.
- To assist with the preparation of annual budgets, monthly management accounts, and ‘year end’ accounts and returns.
- To assist in the preparation and review of annual college budgets in consultation with college and finance managers.
- To monitor actual expenditure against budgets of college departments in close liaison with budget holders and finance managers.
- To monitor the viability of departments in close liaison with departmental managers.
- To monitor contracts held with external agencies to ensure realisation of income and viability.
- To compile annual accounts, VAT returns, and other statutory returns as required.
- To perform monthly reconciliation of payroll control accounts in accordance with timetable.
- To undertake any project work as directed by the host college.
- To perform any other duties as may be deemed commensurate with the level of salary.
- To work at any of the host college’s sites.
- The ability to organise, manage and prioritise
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to meet tight deadlines
- IT literature with the ability to write comprehensive reports
- CCAB Accountancy qualification or similar
- Preparation of forecasts and final account
- Experience of the Further Education sector and it’s funding methodology is desirable but not essential
- Detailed knowledge of various computerised management information systems
Should this brief overview be of interest and should you have the skills required please do not hesitate to send your details to email@example.com and contact the team on 01454 617 707.